From where do we collect data?
We collect data about you, for example, when you:
- register as a participant or sign your name to the list
- register as a volunteer
- register as a participant on one of our events
- give us a permission to send you our newsletter and receive messages from us
- take part in some of our campaigns or surveys or an opinion poll we organize
- give us feedback, leave us a message to contact you or otherwise get in touch with Ilmastoveivi2019 campaign
- are a contact person or a representative of one of our stakeholders
- share, publish, comment on something or send a message in the social media channels of Ilmastoveivi2019.
We carry out social media monitoring on general level to understand our participants better and to develop our marketing. We do not exclude the possibility to collect personal data from other public registers in case needed.
What kind of data do we collect?
We get some of the data directly from you, for instance, when you register to the campaign. We collect the following data about you:
- Name and contact details: We collect your first and last name, and your email address.
- Demographic data: we collect other descriptive data as well, for example: language, occupation and country, to learn about the participants
- Customer relationship data: We collect data, for example, on your registration or other activities. We collect information on feedback and other contacts.
- Data on representation: We collect information about your position in the company or other organisation you represent, as well as the name and the contact details of the company or organisation in question, when you interact with us as a representative of your company or other organisation or stakeholder group. We also collect other information necessary for the management of the relationship between ilmastoveivi2019 and the company or organisation you represent.
- Surveys and opinion polls: We collect data in the interest of developing our campaign on the basis of the results of these market surveys and polls.
- Data on interest: We collect data on your interests related to the campaign, e.g. on what you would like us to do better. New ideas are also very much welcome!
- Marketing permissions (that is, permission to send you our newsletter) and prohibitions (if you never want to hear from us again)
- Visual recordings: We may take photographs or record video at our events. If we photograph you in particular and not the whole audience, we will ask for your consent to publish the image. Your picture may also be recorded by our live streaming cameras.
You can influence the type of data we collect. However, participation in the Ilmastoveivi2019 campaign requires that you submit your personal data. If you decide not to submit your personal data to us, we may be unable to provide all the possibilities of the campaign to you.
What is the data used for?
We process your data in order to organise the campaign called Ilmastoveivi2019. We also process your data if it is necessary for the realisation of Ilmastoveivi2019 legitimate interests.
“Legitimate interest” refers to our actions that are allowed by law and which are in direct relation to Ilmastoveivi2019’s operations. Ilmastoveivi2019 may act on the grounds of legitimate interest where a significant and pertinent relationship exists between the participant and Ilmastoveivi2019. This means that the relationship has been formed for the purpose of participating in the campaign itself or in the organisation of the campaign or one of our events in the role of e.g. audience, a member of organising team or a member of partnering organisations.
In assessing legitimate interest, both the interests of the participant and Ilmastoveivi2019 are evaluated, taking into account the realisation of fundamental rights, the nature and purpose of use of the data collected, and data security. This process has been explained e.g. by the European Data Authorities and we follow these established guidelines.
The participant has the right to object to processing that occurs on the basis of a legitimate interest. We explain this further of this document. In some cases, we may ask your consent for processing your data for example by using opt-in check boxes in registration or other forms or when we ask your consent to send you our newsletter.
We also process your data to better be able to market our campaign. We may also process your data when conducting surveys and opinion polls to gain a better understanding of our participants and thereby make the event better. We target our content to provide you with information about our campaign that is as relevant as possible. The targeting of our content is based on interests and information we have collected. For example, we might send different information to stakeholders than participants.
We process the data for analysis, for compiling statistics and reporting, again, mainly to develop our event and to improve the participant experience.
How long do we store your data?
Who can process your data, and do we disclose it to third parties?
Your data is processed within the Ilmastoveivi2019 team. We may disclose your data to the authorities, for example, if the law requires us to do so. To fulfil our contractual obligations, we may disclose personal data to third parties. Such third parties include our partners offering marketing for the campaign’s purposes, for example. These parties may also act as the controller in terms of personal data needed for the registration. We advise you to read the privacy policies of third parties. However, we do not, as a rule, disclose your data to third parties in such a manner that they would be able to use it for other purposes than those defined by ilmastoveivi2019. When using subcontractors or service providers we obligate them with appropriate contractual means to maintain a level of information security that is adequate to protect your data and to comply with personal data legislation.
Do we transfer your data beyond the borders of the EU or EAA (“third countries”)?
The data submitted in connection to registering to the campaign will be transferred to our service service providers Typeform in the United States. They comply with rules of the Privacy Shield agreement between the EU and the United States, to ensure an adequate level of data protection. You can read more about how Typeform does this on their webpage: https://www.typeform.com/help/gdpr-compliance/
What cookies do we use and all the cookie information:
The web page uses a content delivery network provided by Cloudflare. Cloudflare uses a small cookie on the webpage to improve their service. For more information on this cookie, visit: https://support.cloudflare.com/hc/en-us/articles/200170156-What-does-the-Cloudflare-cfduid-cookie-do-
How can you influence the processing of your personal data?
You can control how Ilmastoveivi2019 collects and uses your data.
- You are entitled to influence the processing of your data in the following ways:
- You have the right to forbid the processing of your personal data for the purposes of direct marketing at any time (right to object). Please note that you may receive marketing communication from Ilmastoveivi2019 campaign in relation to your work or area of responsibility. The easiest way to opt out is to answer the message or send an e-mail to [email protected] and tell us that you do not want to receive any marketing from us.
- In some situations, you may have the right, for reasons related to special personal circumstances, to object to the processing of your personal data beyond the purposes of direct marketing when it is done by virtue of Sleetmakers’ legitimate interest. When you would like to do so, send an e-mail to [email protected] and tell us the special personal reason due to which the processing your data should be stopped.
- You have the right to request access to data concerning you or to receive confirmation that we do not process data concerning you (right to access). Send the request to [email protected]
- In some cases, you have the right to receive the personal data you provided to us in digital format so that you can transfer it to another controller (right to portability). Please send your request to [email protected]
- You have the right to have data rectified (right to rectification). If your data is incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete or deficient, you can e-mail us to [email protected] and ask us to rectify or complete the data.
- In certain situations, you may have the right to restrict processing (right to restriction of processing). In other words, if you dispute the accuracy of your data, you have the right to restrict its processing for period of time that allows us to ensure that your data is accurate. Please send us an e-mail to [email protected]
- You have the right to have your data erased in certain situations (right to be forgotten). For example, when processing of your personal data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected, or the processing was based on your consent and you wish to withdraw that consent. Please note if your personal data is necessary for the purpose of, for instance, the registration of your participation to the event, we cannot remove your data. You can send us an e-mail to [email protected]
Laura Kolehmainen [email protected] +358503457828
Theo Levlin [email protected] +358505283927